Social Listening: Crumbl Cookies




For this assignment, I chose Crumbl Cookies. Customers are saying how wonderful their customer service is and how amazing their cookies are. I was interested in this brand because there is one coming into Corvallis soon and personally, I love their cookies! I always have to make a trip to Salem or Eugene to get them. Crumbl’s value proposition is serving fresh, warm (or chilled) unique and fun cookies. 





Most people on social media are raving about how amazing their cookies are. One specific comment is about how good the customer service is. The customer says that Crumbl had run out of the cookies that they wanted and they were compensated with free cookies. I think this is outstanding customer service and have experienced nothing but amazing customer service when I’ve been there. Another person commented that they had to wait 25 minutes for 2 cookies. I see how this is frustrating but also understand that they make all of their cookies right there in the store and if they are busy, it is definitely a timely process to make enough cookies to restock everything again. One last comment was about how amazing their cookies are and how they are frosted right in front of you. I think this is really smart on Crumbl’s end because every customer knows they are getting the freshest cookies. 


Not only do they sell fresh-baked and frosted right-in-front-of-you cookies, but they also recently came out with their own ice cream called Crumbl Cream. On top of that, they just came out with a bunch of merchandise and have been promoting it on Instagram and Facebook. To promote their cookies, every Sunday they make a post with videos that introduce their cookies for that week. Every week, they have 4 cookies (sometimes new flavors and sometimes previous) as well as their 2 classic cookies: Chilled Sugar and Milk Chocolate Chip. This week they have Cake Batter (new flavor), Peanut Butter & Jelly, Twix, and S’mores Brownie. 


Crumbl really uses social media to promote themselves and their products. I don’t know of any other cookie shops similar to theirs, so I think they are trying to do something remarkable. In each of their stores, they have a picture of the first Crumbl, which was in Logan, Utah. They tell the story of how the store started, which was by 2 cousins. I think their biggest challenge was building their brand and spreading the word. When it started in such a small town, it was a challenge for them but now, they have over 80 stores nationwide. I definitely think they are succeeding, as they are constantly growing and seem to be doing pretty well. 


I noticed on their Instagram and Facebook that they have responded to every review and a lot of comments. I think it is a good idea for them to always respond because it shows their customers that they care. If a negative comment is left, they direct the customer to use a link to explain what happened in more detail so that they can figure out how to help. If I was the manager, I would respond to the positive comments with a lot of gratitude. Customer comments are really important when it comes to possible future customers looking at the reviews. I would respond to negative comments by inviting them to fill out a survey or send a private message in order to see how we could improve and help the situation. 


From this assignment, I learned a lot about Crumbl and how great their customer service really is. I also learned how important it is to have good customer service and to be unique and remarkable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Hollyn